While there are instances where you can prevent acne, most of the time you have no control over at the outbreak of the disease. If you did, indeed entirety of the acne treatment market would not exist today. But all the same what can you do when you are afflicted with acne?
There are many different acting medications out in the market which will reduce acne symptoms with various degrees of success.
Medications for acne are basically divided into three main categories. These categories are listed below:
Types of Acne Medications
1. Topical Creams and Lotions: The use of specially formatted lotions and creams is one of the most effective forms of acne medication for skin problems, especially acne, since the medicine is applied directly on the affected area. Most times, the acne may start disappearing in a few days or so.
This could also have a positive effect on the general well being of the human skin as it helps to prevent and remove wrinkles as well. It nourishes the skin and prevents premature aging signs.
2. Prescription Drugs: These are strictly based on recommendations by a qualified medical practitioner such as a dermatologist. These drugs are customized for your own personal use only. Prescription of these drugs usually follows thorough diagnosis by your dermatologist. These drugs are azelaic acid creams, Benzoyl Peroxide and even Accutane for severe or acute cases of acne. They could also be oral antibiotics designed to kill the bacteria in your skin.
But never take prescription-type drugs like over-the-counter ones. Only use them when and as recommended by your doctor.
3. Traditional and Home Made: A lot of times, the use of traditional or home made medication can also be very effective. While traditional medications are mostly prevalent in third world countries or cultures that depend more on alternative medicine, these are also frequently used the world over.
Homemade acne remedies are mostly made by using certain herbs or plants which are believed (and sometimes proven) to cure or at least control acne. The most common plants used are garlic, oranges, etc. The type of home remedy used also largely depends on the type or seriousness of the acne.
However, it is always advisable to consult a qualified medical professional if you are in doubt before using them or if your acne is quite serious.
The type of medication for acne that you use will depend largely on the type of acne you have and the seriousness of it. These acne guidelines for medication should be approached carefully. It is always best to be cautious in following the medical instructions carefully in order to prevent wrong or excessive usage of these acne medications.
Just Take A Look On These Easy Tips For Acne Scar Removal
1. Don’t overly cleanse and scrub your acne-prone skin.
2. Avoid using a soap based cleansing product which can leave a residue on the skin’s surface which can both upset the ph balance of your skin and block your pores.
3. Oily skin with acne might tempt you to cleanse more often than needed. Definitely cleanse as part of your bedtime routine, using a pH balance skin care cleanser, so that your skin can “breath”, repair and regenerate while you sleep.
In the morning give your face a nice wake-up with a gentle wash of cold water to close your pores & freshen up from the night’s release of toxins. A good pH balance antiseptic, such as the one above is also a good morning treatment.
For daytimes or hot weather with oily skin, use cosmetic blotting sheets to absorb excess oil. Blotters are a natural chemical-free gentle solution to maintaining a matt complexion. Simply blot them on your oily areas and discard. You can carry them in your purse and travel with them also. Very handy and helpful.
4. Never use harsh chemicals on your acne. Use only natural pH balance skin care products.
5. Avoid foods that have high levels of cholesterol and saturated fats such as milk and dairy products and processed foods.
6. Drink plenty of fresh water and eat lots of raw, fresh fruits and vegetables. Always use organic sources to avoid the added toxicity levels of pesticides and man-made fertilizers.
7. Do use a natural and nutritous moisturizer – including acne prone and oily skin and skin with overactive or blocked sebaceous glands. Withholding moisture can actually bring on the very problem you are trying to combat. Feed your skin and it will treat you nicely.
8. Get in the habit of checking the ingredients in your food and skin care products. Choose products that have truly natural ingredients as man-made chemicals can cause premature aging, cancer, and other terrible health problems. Toxic chemicals in many highly touted skin care lines build up in the body and then try to “break-out” in the form of acne, pimples, sores and rashes. Consider your skin your largest organ and never put anything on it, that you wouldn’t not feel good about putting in your stomach.
9. Never use home micro-dermabrasion kits and exfoliation creams while combating acne.
10. Get plenty of good exercise, lots of fresh air and a little sunshine (vitamin d) everyday.